Saturday, August 8, 2026

Six-Day War

 

  Ernest Hemingway:   "No matter how necessary a war may be, it is always a crime."


William>> When dialogue is not enough, the option is to yield on everything, to "turn the other cheek."
  I am not a masochist.
  I prefer to try "self-defense."
  Sometimes the best defense is a good offense.
  Israel did this against the Arabs; that is the only reason it still exists.

  In 1948, when Israel declared independence, the neighboring Arab countries of Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, and Lebanon invaded the territory.
  The Israeli War of Independence lasted from May 15, 1948, to July 20, 1949.

  In 1967, countries like Egypt, Syria, and Jordan began surrounding Israeli borders with armies and closed vital shipping lanes.
Realizing the imminent risk of invasion, Israel decided to act first.
  The preemptive strike of the "Six-Day War" took place.
  The Israeli air force launched a surgical surprise attack and destroyed almost the entire Egyptian air force while it was still on the ground, in a matter of hours.
  Without air cover, the troops of the neighboring countries were left vulnerable.
  The speed of the action guaranteed Israel's victory and reshaped the Middle Eastern map.




  I don't like wars, but if they happen, I always root for the more civilized side... in the case of the Cold War, I preferred the Americans; in the Middle East, I prefer Israel.

✧✧✧

.

No comments:

Post a Comment